Global Accounting network has partnered up with an innovative biopharmaceutical company who are now looking for a part-qualified Finance Manager to join their amazing Finance team of 4.The Finance Manager role includes:
You will be an integral part of a finance team of 4 supporting the Financial Controller (FC) in all financial aspects of the business following the recent listing of the company on AIM. While also work closely with other departments to provide financial insight and reporting on project costs, cost center expenditure, grant claim monitoring and audit, and provide accurate financial forecasts that reflect the expected operational progression of the company's key clinical programs.Responsibilities:
Profile/Key skills and requirements of the role:
- Working with the Finance & Purchasing Assistant to ensure a smooth and timely month end close with all journals posted and accounts reconciled for review on day 4 with the FC.
- Companies House and HMRC filings and submissions
- Preparation of deferred and accrued income calculations and monitoring accrued and prepaid costs.
- The production of monthly financial reports including commentary to budget/forecast, and KPI reporting.
- Grant claim reporting and oversight of grant audits (quarterly).
- Review of VAT returns, payment runs and payroll postings prior to submission/issue.
- Share option management including form 40 and 42.
- Management of annual insurance renewal and claims.
- Grant claim filings and submissions.
- Assisting the FC and CFO in other administrative tasks
- Monitoring and reporting project costs against budget/forecast to project leads and updating re-forecasts in line with future project activities.
- Reporting cost centre expenditure to department heads against budget/forecast and updating re-forecasts in line with future activities.
- Providing revenue and grant income forecasts based on existing contracts and agreements and future expectations from the business development team.
- Supporting the FC in preparation of budgets, forecasts and other reports as required.
- Part-Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- with experience of working as part of a small agile finance team.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-moving environment with a track record of identifying and driving improvements.
- Responsive and adaptable team player that shows initiative and self-drive.
- Strong IT skills (particularly Excel) with SAGE 200 experience highly desirable.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Project accounting experience is highly desirable but not essential.
APPLY NOW - if this meets your profile, alternatively please feel free to reach out directly - Sara Navid-Nia