Join an employee owned, international outdoor business as an Accounts Assistant
Nikwax Ltd. develops care products and material systems that improve performance and extend the life of clothing, footwear and equipment whilst minimising environmental impact with clean chemistry. We develop and manufacture in-house, from the headquarters in Wadhurst, East Sussex. Nikwax are the only outdoor company to have won the Queen's Award for Sustainable Development and all operations have been carbon balanced since the company was founded in 1977. We have an ongoing dedication to minimising our impact on the environment and a devoted group of people to help develop the business. We offer a flexible working approach, with a balance of homeworking and office days to enhance your work-life balance . Nikwax is currently undergoing the exciting process of transitioning to Employee Ownership, which will protect and build upon our purpose and values, whilst securing a bright future for all employee owners. The Role
To administer and maintain the purchase ledger ensuring, an effective process with our suppliers, good communication to manage supplier expectations and that purchasing costs are recognised in a timely fashion, Improve the efficiency and timely despatch of orders by
The Person will be
- managing supplier accounts for Nikwax ensuring that good relationships with suppliers are maintained and providing the monthly reconciliation to the supplier statements
- providing cover for bank reconciliations for Nikwax and Paramo ensuring any queries are resolved
- administering group credit cards
- preparing weekly financial information ensuring accurate reporting
- processing purchase ledger transactions for Nikwax including invoices, credits, payments, refunds, adjustments, allocations & filling of all processed documents
- communicating with Nikwax staff ensuring the correct usage of the purchase ordering system, correct allocation of the expenses to the budgeted costs centres and proper authorisation of orders is in place.
- a strong team player
- able to work to deadlines
- experienced with great communication skills
- calm when dealing with suppliers
- educated to an A level standard (or equivalent) or working towards a professional qualification.
The successful applicant will be based at home but will be required to work from our offices in Wadhurst at least one day a week. The Rewards
- work within a company where you can clearly see the effect of your efforts
- work for an international company with values that you can believe in
- work within a friendly and informal environment
- competitive benefits and rewards.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your Covering Letter (clearly stating your salary requirements) & CV by no later than 25th July 2021 to:
Unit F, Durgates Industrial Estate
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Candidates must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
To view the Nikwax Job Applicant Privacy Notice please visit