Project Director - AMS Governance Specialist - Audit Market Supervision
London and remote - (4 days a fortnight in the office)
- Do you have expertise in corporate and/or audit firm governance?
- Do you have knowledge of how the largest accounting firms are structured and how corporate/professional services firms manage their business?
- An awareness of the UK regulatory environment for companies and their auditors, the capital markets, and limited liability partnerships?
If so, our client may be interested in talking to you. A regulatory body who are entering into an exciting time in their development as they transform into a new body are seeking a Project Director - AMS Governance SpecialistThe role
The role involves developing and delivering projects in the AMS framework and contributing to the management of the AMS relationships with the firms.
This will include:
- Leading projects in the Governance & leadership pillar, particularly updating and assessing the effectiveness of the Audit Firm Governance Code;
- Contributing to projects in some or all of the other pillars, in particular to support the team's work on culture, values and behaviour;
- Identifying key findings from our monitoring activities and presenting effectively (both in writing and orally) to the large audit firms to achieve change;
- Assessing the effectiveness of the governance aspects of the Operational Separation of largest audit firms and;
- Engaging with senior leadership and Independent Non-Executives of the largest audit firms at regular meetings and producing the record of this engagement.
My client is seeking an individual with experience in supervision of financial services entities (particularly the governance aspects) or with experience in assessing the governance at large companies or other entities. Essential criteria
- A relevant degree and/or professional qualifications, as well as experience working in professional services or a regulatory field are required. The ideal candidate will have:
- Corporate and/or audit firm governance (ICSA qualification would be advantageous);
- how the largest accountancy firms are structured and manage their businesses;
- how corporate or professional services firms consider cultural and behavioural matters would also be advantageous.
- Awareness of the UK regulatory environment for companies and their auditors, the capital markets, and limited liability partnerships
- Ability to assimilate complex information and identify themes
- Ability to learn quickly about new topics and develop expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Excel and Word)
In return you will enjoy working with an organisation that proactively encourages a healthy work/life balance, offers an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work with experts within their given fields