Investment Bank requires an experienced Java developer to provide development and design solutions for their Risk and Data Management team in Derivatives IT. The right candidate will be introduced to the data and risk management of a multi asset derivatives system - with multi location distributed caches, distributed pricing and risk systems; gathering of new data requirements, ascertaining risk and data delivery as well as day to day queries and support.
Candidates must have;
- Strong Java 7+ knowledge, with production experience of Java 11
- Strong object oriented experience
- Good understanding of multithreading and multiprocessor design issues and patterns
- Experience of Windows/Linux/UNIX development
- Experience and appreciation of Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration; exposure to CI/CD pipelines, Cloud deployment beneficial
- Source control systems : SVN/git
Additional experience with any of the following technical skills is beneficial but not required;
- Grid computing/distributed calculation experience (eg. PlatformSymphony, Spark)
- Distributed memory cache/ (eq. Redis, MemCache, Coherence)
- Practical experience in C++/C#
- General understanding of network protocols
- Experience of Akka, Docker, Kubernetes
- Script language: Ruby, Python, bash
The right candidate will have a history of delivering complex multi-tier architectures and solutions ideally within a front office finance environment. You will have dealt directly with business sponsors to gather requirements and understand the business needs and will have implemented own designs. This is an opportunity to work for a bank who has a reputation of being na amazing bank to work for and known for having flexible hours and great work / life balance.