ICAEW was formed in 1880 to secure trust in business
and that remains our mission. We ensure our members have the skills, knowledge and influence to help build economies that are sustainable, accountable and fair.
We are currently actively recruiting across a number of our departments in order to meet the growing needs of our members and ever changing government policy around global Finance.
Job Title: International Finance Business Partner - Qualified Accountant only
Location - Milton Keynes - Office 2 - 3 days office based from September
Nature of Contract: Permanent
Salary £55000Join our team
Be part of a fantastic team leading the way in training authorisation for employers of the next generation of Chartered Accountants.Responsibilities
• Proactively support Head of Finance Business Partnering to build and maintain a high-performance team that delivers added value with progression and development opportunities.
· Responsible for implementing the 'faster close' timetable in the assigned areas, ensuring that the figures are provided are accurate and provided by required deadlines.
· Ensure that figures are reviewed and understood, and salient critique and commentary is included in the appropriate sections of the management reporting pack.
- Develop, monitor, and analyse KPIs, thereby identifying risks, errors, problems, and improvement opportunities in the month end pack, to assist the business area to understand past results and implications for the future.
- Responsible for performing accurate balance sheet reconciliations every month that agree to the trial balance.
- Responsible for identifying errors in the results, proposing solutions to recurring issues and ensuring they are implemented.
· Interim and year end audit
· Ensure all audit files are compiled and submitted for review in a timely manner.
· Liaise with external auditors to resolve and queries raised.
· Budgeting and Forecasting
· Responsible for leading the budgeting process for international from start to finish including understanding the requirements from the CFO and ensuring this aligns to the strategy.
· Lead the International forecasting process for from start to finish. Ensuring that the department produces a forecast which aligns with strategy and central assumptions. Challenge any proposed changes to budget (or areas where actual experience would imply changes are required but none have been made).
· Create budget and forecast papers in simple language, concentrating on the key issues and drivers of changes but to a level of depth which enables stakeholders to understand the issues.
· Develop a good understanding of, and skill in using, the budgeting and forecasting tool (once implemented) to be able to use it to its best advantage and to support their direct reports in its use.
• Critique processes to ensure that there is strong internal control and identify inefficiencies and provide options for resolving / removing them either by solving the problem or automating processes to minimise workload.
· Build strong relationships throughout the business to instil confidence and trust with key stakeholders both at executive management level and their respective teams.
· Authorise monthly payroll for the international offices by deadlines, ensuring that all necessary data is with the payroll provider well within the deadlines.
- Design reports and tools that will add value and assist with key decision making.
- Responsible for owning problems from start to finish, seeking guidance when necessary but seeing problems through to the end.
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
Relevant accountancy qualification and experience, within a managements accounts or business partnering setting
Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
Experience of providing reports at senior level and presenting information in a format that meets the audience requirements including the ability to précis and create executive summaries which detail the key points in a clear and concise manner that can also be understood by non accountants.
Ability to prioritise and work under pressure of tight deadlines
Established business partner with proven expertise influencing senior stakeholders and experience of supporting non-financial departments in relation to their finance activities.
Resilient with a keen eye for detail and a "right first time" culture
Able to inspire confidence from those they manage, their peers and directors and build strong, credible relationships
Collaborative and customer service focused.
Able to identify inefficiencies, root causes and propose options to correct
Self-motivated, proactive and committed, with a real desire to help improve ICAEW and team performance
Strong Excel user with ability to utilise advanced functionality to produce high quality Excel and Word reports in terms of presentation.
Ideally, experience using Microsoft Dynamics NAV or similar and preferably JET reporting tools. ICAEW values - for all employees
The 3 i's are the values that drive everyone's attitude and approach to working at ICAEW. They help us to collaborate, innovate and be an agile organisation.
• Actively collaborate to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
• Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
• Empower people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
• Actively gather insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
• Collaborate with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally, to stimulate discussion and debate.
• Be agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government.
• Act with transparency, consistency and openness as integrity underpins everything we do.
• Stand by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
• Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.Our department: Insert Dept Name
Insert dept overview from Intranet Not the role for you?
We often have other roles we are recruiting for and we're always interested to hear from people, particularly if you have experience in accountancy practice, the legal and regulatory sector, or digital skills. Please visit our job portal for the latest opportunities. Why work at ICAEW?
At ICAEW we offer a comprehensive benefit package which enables our employees to choose from a range of options including:
24 days holiday, increasing with service and the ability to buy or sell holiday.
Group personal pension plan with an employer contribution of 9%,
Private medical insurance (after two years or if applicable)
An additional day off at Christmas
Potential to work from home and our offices
Season ticket travel loans
As well as offering employee benefits, we truly believe in creating a diverse and empowering culture where our teams can thrive and be themselves. We support sustainability, corporate and social responsibility campaigns and encourage our employees to take a day to work for a cause of their choice, or to work collaboratively as a team in doing this. We nominate and support two charities every year and run all manner of events to raise money. Our active social committees provide fun events ranging from the seasonal parties, to quiz nights and bowling tournaments.
Here are just a few of the initiatives we run to fly the flag for employee well-being, equality and diversity:
CABA supports the well-being of ICAEW Chartered Accountants, ACA students and ICAEW members of staff - helping them through challenging times and also offering guidance for personal development.
Whenever you contact CABA, you will be assigned a highly trained adviser who will devise a bespoke programme of practical, emotional and financial support to address and resolve your situation. Any information provided will be held in the strictest confidence. Please visit caba.org.uk for more information.
Our LGBT+ network, the Together Community, aims to create an open, progressive and informed working environment to support ICAEW's employees and stakeholders. They provide regular meetings and activities, and act as a point of contact for LGBT+ employees and allies for related issues.
Our Diversity and Inclusion network, embrace, creates a supportive working environment for all our colleagues while also encouraging employees to understand the needs of individuals across our organisation. It helps us to understand our individual differences, so we can support each other with respect. If you're interested in our work around inclusion and these communities please visit: https://www.icaew.com/insights/diversity-and-inclusion and also our Instagram feed.