The rate of homeownership among young people has slumped over the past 20 years. We're working to change that for the better.Generation Home is a London-based mortgage lender making homeownership accessible, simple and fair for first-time buyers.
We do that by empowering families and friends to come along the home buying journey.
Established industries like mortgages are complex and complicated. We've recently closed a Series A funding round to tackle this, bringing us to a total of $40M in capital raised
. The funding helped us to grow the team with product specialists, engineers, researchers and mortgage experts. You can help us to solve these challenges.The role
We currently work in two (remote-friendly, London-based
) engineering teams at Generation Home: The conversion team looks after the customer experience from the start of their application until getting a mortgage offer. The experience team keeps customers happy after they've got an offer from us.As a Software Engineer, you will be involved with:
- collaborating in cross-functional teams to drive customer impact.
- helping decide what we make and how we build it.
- measuring the results of your work has on customers.
- contributing with creative solutions to the problem of falling homeownership.
- actively seeking to understand what the customer needs.
- proactively giving feedback and listening to colleagues.
- taking initiative and operating with minimal guidance.
Our engineering team is open to diverse coding backgrounds if you're willing to play with Ruby on Rails / React, Docker / Kubernetes, Google Cloud and Terraform.Ruby experience is not required
- we primarily look for mid and senior Software Engineers with good programming skills and a knack for product that:
What do you get in return?
- are eager to work across the stack.
- have a strong understanding of how the web works.
- have a good grasp of how to build and work with APIs.
- have prior experience with complex applications.
- As a Software Engineer at Generation Home, your work will open the door so more people can buy a home in the UK and have a better mortgage experience.
- We're a fintech startup, and you will help create our culture and processes.
- We offer the possibility to work remotely on occasion and flexible work hours.
- Our senior engineers are keen to support you, and we provide a £1000 learning budget.
- a competitive salary (£60,000-£110,000 depending on level of seniority)
- meaningful stock options.
- 25 days of vacation (excluding bank holidays).
- flexible working (remote included).
- £1000 annual training budget.
Please let us know you're interested in this role by hitting the apply button!