Excellent opportunity to work for a market leader and growing manufacturer.
Our client are looking for an experienced, qualified Mechanical Maintenance Fitter.
DUTIES OF ROLE
* Reporting into the Engineering Supervisor you will work as part of a 10 man maintenance team and will be responsible for the following.
* Carrying out PPM activities in accordance with set schedules, ensuring that engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the plant on site.
* To ensure on site quality assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records /documentation associated with the mechanical aspects of ppm and plant with the aim of achieving and maintaining standards of quality compatible with ISO 9002.
* To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all mechanical related reactive maintenance issues.
* To assist colleagues when required and must be able to work on your own and be able to use your initiative.
* To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
* To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with mechanical aspects of the PPM schedules.
* Mechanical fault diagnosis associated with PPM or reactive maintenance of the site.
* Repair of Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Vacuum systems, Pumps, Gearboxes, Drive systems, welding.
* To accurately fill in time sheets and complete reports required by the maintenance management.
* To ensure that all relevant working practices comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
* To comply with Tenmat Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
* Any other duties as requested
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Completion of a nationally recognised apprenticeship.
City & Guilds / ONC / HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
Experience of working in a heavy engineering environment.
Experience of working on the following: Pneumatics, Hydraulics, steam systems, Compressors, Pumps, Gearboxes & drive systems.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday
3 shifts. Mornings, Afternoons & Nights