My client is looking for an experienced 2nd/3rd line Support Engineer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a dynamic company as they go through a period of growth.
This position will require you to work on a monthly rotating shift pattern which are currently being defined but will look something like, 8am -4pm, 9-5, 5-1 and a future 1am - 8am shift
The 2nd line support Engineer will take escalations from the helpdesk and be the first point of contact for 3rd line server maintenance and upgrades. They will provide management and technical expertise to the IT Service Desk function and provide first line and second line support to users and escalate to Managers where necessary.
Role & Responsibilities;
* First point of support for IT Service Desk staff.
* Initial escalation point for all user requests.
* Supports the IT Technician in their duties for all aspects of IT desktop infrastructure
* Carries out fault finding and problem solving on software and hardware issues, including specialist software and hardware
* Manages replacement IT equipment
* Responsible for the successful maintenance of the company backup solution.
Skills and experience needed;
* Proven track record in a similar 2nd/3rd line role
* Helpdesk management
* Ability to work with little supervision
* Experience supporting MS technologies, office365, Windows, Exchange
* Managing Firewall rules
* Networking including VLAN, Network Policy Server.
* Backup management
* Active Directory
* Office 365