My client are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to progress into 3rd line.
The role will involve providing 2nd line support for the I.T infrastructure of their clients and ensuring their I.T systems are running smoothly.
You will be supporting customers over the phone, via email and face to face on general software and hardware queries as well as assising with presales and project work.
Working with the IT support team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented.
Skills and experience needed;
* Good understanding of domain environments - GPO administration, NTFS permissions, security settings, certificate management, advanced DHCP settings, resolving DNS issues.
* Good understanding of AD - Ability to setup AD, make changes, migrate to new servers, diagnose & resolve problems.
* Good workstation maintenance/troubleshooting - Ability to deal with any issue arising from supported environment.
* Good network knowledge - All aspects of routers, switches, AP's, network protocols, fibre links.
* Good understanding of virtualisation.
* Experience in managing and configuring backup solutions.
* Experience configuring and managing firewall settings.
* Experience in managing VOIP systems.
* Good understanding of office 365 and google workplace environments
* Previous MSP experience preferred.
* Driving licence essential