We at Shorterm group are looking for a Stress Engineer to join our client based in south wales - This will be a 12 Month rolling contract working on Aircraft Seating
Responsible for the structural certification aircraft interior units (Aircraft Seating) including all supporting stress analysis.
Presents analysis in Interface Loads Reports or Stress Analysis Reports. Creates static test plans to certify aircraft interior
units via static testing. Able to determine specific certification requirements from FAA and customer documentation.
Participates in the development of new products and technical proposals in order to enable the company to capture new and additional business.
Participates in the preparation and presentation of Design Reviews.
Directs the evaluation and approval of repair procedures.
Should possess the motivation to complete projects on time and represent the company's core values.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES - Essential Functions (Other duties and projects may be assigned or requested.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Determine structural certification path for installations, units, and components
* Carry out preliminary and detailed stress analysis of aircraft interior units and components using FEA
(FEMAP/NASTRAN) and hand calculations
* Prepare interface loads reports and static test plans/reports, stress analysis reports, comparative analysis
* Manage static testing efforts, including instructing the technician on the setup and verifying its accuracy
prior to start of static testing, interfacing with the DER to coordinate static testing and resolve any
deviations from the test plan. Assist technician with fabrication of the setup as needed
* Acts as primary interface with customer stress engineers to identify and assist in articulation of customer
requirements and priorities; discuss and resolve technical/program issues and problems
and provide contract status and updates
* Identifies, evaluates, establishes and implements alternative courses of action in response to changing
customer focus, requirements, or needs relating to structural analysis
* May act as a functional lead over other stress engineers on one or more projects
If you would like to be put forward for the role, please email your CV to (url removed) or call on (phone number removed)