Circa Salary £20,900 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (working 40 hours per week)
A place for children to find their feet.
RAF Wittering is a purpose built nursery in the village of Wittering for children aged 3 months to 5 years., we give children the chance to grow in confidence in a safe, stimulating and fun learning environment, our highly skilled staff offer a variety of adult-led activities while also allowing children the space to be creative with child-initiated play.
We are looking for a Room Leader to join our team of childcare professionals. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to the age group and individual needs of the child, ensuring room layout and organisation supports these aims and meets the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
You will make a difference by:
- Leading the staff within the room on providing learning programmes for individual or groups of children appropriate to their needs and developmental stages in accordance with Early Years legislation and guidance.
- Ensuring the compliance and application of nursery policies and procedures and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practices.
- Contributing to and participating in the wider nursery management through leading on specific areas of development within the nursery.
- Preparing and supervising dedicated areas/rooms within the setting on specific working patterns through planning, monitoring of outcomes, managing ratio of children, and the provision of a stimulating and appropriate range of activities whilst ensuring health and care needs are met.
You will need:
-Level 3 early years and childcare qualification e.g. NNEB, CACHE, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
-A thorough knowledge of children's developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
-Experience working and leading in an early year setting.
-Strong planning, observation and reflection of children and their learning.
- Effective communication skills across multiple age groups.
-Paediatric First Aid Qualification.