We are working on behalf of one of the UK's largest and most reputable cosmetic surgery providers and have an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time or Full-Time Registered Nurse to join their friendly & professional team of staff at their prestigious hospital in Birmingham.
Duties of the Registered Nurse:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To assist senior staff & managers in their management of clinical departments and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
* To provide safe and effective care of patients without direct supervision.
* To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
* To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
* To supervise unregistered members of staff i.e. Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored.
A range of shift options are available, from fixed to rotating; Shift patterns are:
Short Day: 7:00am - 2:30pm
Late: 12:45pm - 8:15pm
Long Day: 7:00am - 8:15pm
Nights: 8:00pm - 7:15am
The successful candidate will be a qualified and Registered Nurse with up to date knowledge of acute medicine/surgery, excellent communication skills and has experience in post-surgical care