VesselsValue is seeking to recruit a Data Analyst to join our dynamic Development team based in Stoke-on-Trent.
Development Office is based in Stoke with UK based work from home option available
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent on experience
* 24 days statutory holiday (increases with service) + bank holidays.
* Pension scheme.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Group Life Assurance (eligible after 2 years of service).
* Fun working environment with regular social events.
Overview of the Data Analyst role:
We are looking for a tech savvy, hardworking, self-motivated, and confident team member with a strong academic background, an experienced Data Analyst and excellent communication skills to join our ever-expanding Development team in Stoke-on-Trent. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and be confident in communicating with team members and management.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Extraction and analysis of data from multiple databases (MYSQL, Snowflake).
* Preparation and distribution of regular/ad hoc report requests.
* To assist with client and internal queries.
* Review internal data for quality and report findings with proposed solutions.
* Identification of new report opportunities.
* Working closely with all teams across VesselsValue for data queries.
Essential skills required:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
* Experience of SQL server or another SQL platform i.e., MYSQL, T-SQL, Snowflake etc.
* Knowledge and understanding of data quality and data governance.
* Experience in analysing large datasets.
* Experience of working with spreadsheets including pivot tables, lookups, conditional formatting etc.
* Excellent analytical and interpretation skills.
* Computer literacy including a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
Key Skills Required:
* Logical thinker.
* Attention to detail.
* Be able to communicate effectively across all levels.
A little bit about us
VesselsValue is a disruptive, dynamic and innovative tech company, operating primarily in the Cargo Shipping, Offshore, Passenger and Superyacht sectors.
Our clients include the world's leading investors, traders, lenders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors. Founded as a start-up in 2010, we now employ close to 200 people across our 4 commercial offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai and our 3 R&D offices in Stoke, Manila, Isle of Wight.
We are a fast growing, profitable and highly ambitious company, shortly adding the Aviation industry to our service offering. We offer a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with considerable freedom of operation.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role