Element Solutions (Macdermid) is a leading specialty chemicals company whose operating businesses formulate a broad range of solutions that enhance the performance of products people use every day. With over 4,000 people in operating facilities across more than 50 countries, Element Solutions has established a growing legacy of creating technological advances for customers around the globe.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to join our global Displays and In-Mould Electronics (D&IME) team in Wantage, Oxfordshire. The D&IME team is a cross-functional team formed to combine expertise from across Element Solutions to supply our customers with both hard coated films and electronic materials. With these combined technologies we support our customers to build display and in-mould electronics parts, among others, for the Automotive Industry.
In this role you will develop, implement and monitor a programme plan for all D&IME activities, working with project managers from across Element Solutions Inc. You will act as the focal point between the D&IME team, business unit teams and others, working with these teams to allocate resources as required. You will also be required to liaise with external stakeholders, suppliers, contractors, partners and customers as required.
To manage the delivery of the D&IME programme, coordinating with the project managers to ensure that the associated projects are delivered on time and to the specified requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Develop a D&IME programme plan.
* Define project scope and objectives for each individual project in the programme, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring all technical and R&D aspects are fully considered and understood.
* Work with the project managers to develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, ensuring their feasibility.
* Coordinate and monitor project managers to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and to an acceptable standard.
* Ensure adequate resource availability and clear allocation of people as required.
* Manage changes to project scopes, project schedules and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
* Manage risks to ensure the programme's successful outcome.
* Create and maintain comprehensive programme documentation.
* Track and measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
* Report regularly on programme status to management.
* Manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
* Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
* Resolve problems with program as they arise, escalating to management as needed.
* Make sure company standards are always upheld.
* Ensure that Company ISO, Health, Safety and Environmental policies are fully implemented during all activities.
In this role you will:
* Be degree qualified (B.A) from college or university with six to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Have proven ability in managing complex projects.
* Be an effective team player in a complex environment.
* Have proven experience as a Programme Manager or other managerial position.
* Have a thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
* Have excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage.
* Have outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
* Have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Have excellent problem-solving ability.
* Have a desire and drive to meet deadlines.
We are offering a competitive base salary and performance-related bonus scheme, generous salary and pension plan, private medical insurance with health cash plan, 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and the opportunity to develop you and your career