Senior DevOps Engineer
Lead sports betting data consultancy
London, 4 days in office per week (close knit collaborative work culture)
Salary up to £90,000 DOE
My client's technology teams are product-focused and highly agile. They take pride in engineering culture and high-trust environment giving cross-functional teams freedom to experiment, innovate and solve problems. They have a large team of exceptional engineers responsible for the entire development lifecycle. The systems range from sophisticated user interfaces through to highly available and high-volume back ends. They are a forward looking and a progressive technology organisation always learning and looking for how they might improve delivery in a frictionless and enjoyable way.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will introduce new technology to improve the speed, efficiency and reliability of our platform and you will tune existing tools to improve our developer experience.
You will drive the automation of the development and deployment processes via a range of new technologies and techniques including increasing the adoption of infrastructure as code practices.
WHAT SKILLS WILL YOU HAVE?
* Strong knowledge of production AWS cloud technology deployments
* Demonstratable understanding of security best practices
* Production monitoring and alerting of micro-service-based systems
* Working knowledge of container-based deployments
* Linux and associated scripting languages (preferably Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
* Load balancing and HTTP services
* High-availability clustering solutions
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
* Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher
* Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
* CI/CD tooling, Jenkins, Octopus
* ELK, CloudWatch
* Prometheus, Grafana
* VMware virtualisation
* Hashicorp suite (Vault, Consul)
* Git, GitFlow, GitOps
* NGINX, Traefik
* ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, NATS, SQS
* SQL and NoSQL/Document databases (e.g. MySQL, EventStore, MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, etc.)
This is a rare, and excellent opportunity to join a cutting edge, modern consultancy who have revolutionized the sports betting industry, and be part of their projects where you can not only utilise your current skillset in a fast paced, modern environement, but learn many new important skills and tools in a market that isnt slowing down any time soon.
If this is of interest please get in contact with STEVEN from Jefferson Frank, or apply below.
(phone number removed)