Finance & Payroll Assistant
Base Location: Head Office, Central London (10 mins walk from Kings Cross/St Pancras)
Hours: 40 hours per wee
Salary: Scale 6, Points 18 - 20 (£29,543 - £30,615)
Start Date: September 2021
Are you able to answer YES to the following questions? If so, this could be the role for you:
1. Do you have a love and passion for numbers?
2. Do you have good attention to detail?
3. Do you want to be part of a committed and fun head office team?
We are a multi-academy trust that specialises in primary education and have built a thriving group of sponsored primary academies across London, East Anglia and the West Midlands that are all committed to serving the needs of the children and the communities we represent.
We are looking for someone who is interested in starting or developing a career in finance, including graduates seeking their first professional role. An aptitude to work methodically with excellent numeracy and attention to detail skills and a positive and 'can do' approach are more important than any specific finance experience as full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the central team and will work in a collaborative and supportive environment where there is scope to grow and develop. The role will require the postholder to work predominantly from the central London head office with flexibility for some regular home working if desired.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Finance Team on a range of matters including processing financial transactions, supporting and developing payroll processes and taking an active role in maintaining the Trust's HR and payroll system (iTrent).
The Finance & Payroll Assistant's duties will include but are not limited to:
* Posting accounts payable/accounts receivable transactions in the accounting system
* Carrying out bank reconciliations (cashbook postings)
* Supporting school based staff with their use of Trust accounting, budgeting systems and Google applications
* Processing monthly income and payroll postings
* Monitoring and resolving requests and issues in the payroll inbox, escalating as necessary
* Co-ordinating weekly payment runs and postings
* Organising payroll sign offs with schools
* Helping maintain the HR and payroll database (iTrent), including processing adhoc transactions such as annual salary increments, testing updates and supporting finance staff with ad hoc system queries
So the question is, do you love numbers, using spreadsheets and making things add up? Would you relish the opportunity to work in a diverse team and most importantly make a REAL difference to the financial stability and ultimately the education and life chances of the children and young people of our communities? This role entails all of these elements, plus lots more, and you'll be part of a larger finance family who realise the importance of their roles and the difference they make!
If you're interested in this role, please click APPLY below to take a look at our job pack, which includes the job description and person specification for the position as well finding the information on how to submit your application
Closing Date: Friday 16th July 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 19th July 2021
The Elliot Foundation Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including a Barred List and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check