Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service
Information & Data Exploitation Specialist
Fixed term contract to 01 June 2022
Based at Service Headquarters, Clyst St George Exeter, EX3 0NW
22.2 hours per week
Salary Grade 6 £18,808-£20,269
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the large-scale digital transformation of the Fire Service. We are radically transforming the way the Fire Service operates with its technology to enable data driven decision making.
Working as part of the Information & Data Exploitation Team within the ICT Department, you will be responsible for reporting on, and advising others how, the data and information the Authority holds can be used to transform the way we work to keep our staff and the public safe.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
* Understanding of data and analysis across a broad range of subject areas such as, but not limited to * Databases and querying them (SQL)
* Geospatial data and tooling (GIS)
* ETL process and tooling
* Understanding of data manipulation in languages such as Python
* Power BI, including its use within a Microsoft 365 environment
* An understanding of Data science and opportunities for its application in public sector
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to explain key concepts to individuals with varying levels of experience and understanding
* The ability to liaise and engage effectively with staff across the organisation
Find out more and apply
If you are interested in applying please visit the Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service website to see the advert and access the application form. Candidates will be asked to provide evidence to cover the following six criteria which will provide the basis for shortlisting:
* Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improvement; develops innovative approaches and ideas
* Demonstrable experience of working effectively at a practitioner level with a data software development, information reporting or data & information management function.
* Experience of Data Analysis techniques and methodologies.
* Extensive experience in the use, exploitation and management of structured, unstructured and geospatial data.
* Demonstrable experience and knowledge in self-service business reporting and analytic tool(s), e.g. PowerBI, SSRS, Qlik, Tableau, Pyramid.
* Innovative and creative approach to service improvement and value
As a Service and as Individuals we are:
* Proud to Help
* Working Together
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience, and beliefs, who share our values, to consider working for us.
You must be eligible to work in the UK