NOW Education are acting as the recruitment partner for an 'Outstanding' secondary school based in Bury
About the school
The school is a large, faith school welcoming students from a wide variety of backgrounds. The school provides a caring, supportive environment where everyone is of equal worth.
About the role
The school are seeking a school receptionist with SIMS experience to join an established, supportive team. The right candidate will be able to provide professional administrative support and an efficient front-line service for the busy school reception area.
* To manage reception which includes answering all calls in a timely manner taking messages & forwarding them on to the relevant people. Welcome parents and visitors, ensuring they have signed in on arrival, and signed out when departing
* Dealing with post, collections and deliveries - ensuring they go to the right people
* Support the Lead Administrator with arranging, co-ordinating and managing the office workload
* Preparation of resources and materials including school books, registers, visitor books, escort handover docs etc - checking they are up to date, making changes when necessary
* Order and distribute school supplies, stationery, education supplies, equipment, first aid supplies, ec. and ensure sufficient stock levels
* Liaise with parents and pass on parent enquires to the appropriate staff member.
* Monitoring and recording consent forms
* Sending letters out to parents as directed.
* Ensure records are kept up to date (medical, data collection forms etc)
Working with Pupils
* Prepare and update school records and consent documentation.
* Manage the care of pupils who are ill at school and liaise with parents
* To safeguard children at all times
Location & commitments
* One-year contract commencing 1st September 2021
* Hours are 7.30am-3.30pm
* The school is based in Bury
Communication and interpersonal skills: Often being the first person of contact, the Receptionist will need to possess excellent people skills. The image of the school relies heavily on the ability of the Receptionist to communicate effectively and sympathetically with a wide variety of people including Parents, Staff and Supporters. You will also need to work in partnership with the administration team.
Time-management: Excellent time-management and organisational skills to be able to deal with a multitude of tasks and a range of priorities
Computer skills: Must have SIMS experience. Also strong IT skills, proficient in the use of most Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel. A working knowledge of PowerPoint and Publisher would also be helpful
Problem solving: The Receptionist will need to be practical, resilient and able to use their initiative
Application is by covering letter and CV by clicking apply now