The site editor will play a lead role in the creation and quality control of all Cyclist digital output while also helping to shape and deliver the brand's digital content strategy with senior stakeholders. The role will involve all aspects of the digital content creation process from developing content ideas, writing content, subbing copy and editing pictures to running the website's CMS, building web pages and maximising audiences through SEO and social media.
You'll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the site and will work with team members to co-ordinate digital output, including video, social and newsletters. This will involve overseeing content creation and updating strategies, managing our affiliate strategy, SEO optimisation and constant monitoring of rankings. And, of course, analytics will be your middle name.
The website continues to grow at pace, both in terms of traffic and affiliate revenues, and you'll be expected to play a pivotal role in developing and executing the strategy for continued growth. You'll act as brand guardian to ensure that all output is suitable, and work with the commercial teams to optimise monetisation of the site.
* Be the public digital face of Cyclist, building the profile of the brand in line with the content strategy.
* Build relationships with PR departments and executives to raise the profile of the site and create opportunities for it.
* Take the editorial lead in creating, updating and moderating the site's review database, ensuring content and opinions are consistent and as useful as possible to readers.
* Lead across all aspects of the site's operations, from uploading and publishing content to promoting it on social media channels.
* Originate new content ideas to grow site traffic in line with the content strategy and develop content on all platforms, with special attention given to video and social content.
* Maintain the highest editorial standards for all digital content created by Cyclist.
* Develop the skills and knowledge of the wider Cyclist team with the aim of improving performance.
* Work with the wider team to develop the site content strategy and grow traffic across all Cyclist channels.
* Maintain regular reporting to the Editorial director