The role can be based within our Bracknell or Hemel Hempstead office.
Working as part of a growing team to provide technical expertise and support on UNIX/Linux servers for internal and customer systems. Work closely with the team to ensure effective delivery of UNIX/Linux related projects for existing and new customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operating system and software administration, fault analysis and remediation on Advanced and client equipment across multiple UNIX & Linux operating systems and versions including but not limited to RHEL, CentOS, Solaris & Ubuntu
* Support the Pre-Sales & Sales teams to develop client solutions using suitable technology.
* Support the Problem, Change Project team in the onboarding of new customers and new solutions for existing customers. This will involve taking a project from a design phase all the way through build to delivery and ongoing support.
* Controlled build, reconfiguration or upgrade work carried out under strict change control procedures.
* Creation, testing and maintenance of systems configuration and procedural documentation.
* Participate in the Advanced 24x7 on-call support rota.
* Application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis,
* Upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
* Conduct root cause problem investigations for infrastructure and application issues.
* Use of configuration management tools to ensure access and security across the managed estate.
* When required visit client sites for meetings or to resolve issues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
* Proven experience of working as a UNIX/Linux Engineer in large and complex environments.
* The ability to manage complex and large-scale technical solutions.
* Excellent problem solving capabilities;
* The ability to work independently as well as part of team.
* Excellent organisation skills e.g. ability to prioritise and multi task, lead technical projects, and complete the project within defined timescales.
* A good decision maker and diligent in the execution of tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* A willingness to learn and develop personal skills.
* A proactive approach to work and a willingness to help others use IT effectively.
* A willingness to mentor and teach more junior team members and assist in their development.
* The ability to own, prioritise and be responsible for own workload.
* Able to maintain professional standards at all times.
* Able to comply with the provisions of ISO27001 certification and the Company Security Policy in particular relating to system and data security