Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Multi-site - Yorkshire - £34,500
iRecruit are working in partnership with our client to recruit an electrical site maintenance engineer. The position will be based across our Yorkshire sites, Knottingley, Doncaster and South Kirkby. They will be part of a team of 15 which is a Manager, Planner, 4 Southern (Tilbury) Engineers, 9 Northern (Yorkshire) Engineers.
• Ensure Safety related documentation (Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc) for all scheduled maintenance work is up to date and available.
• Adhere to all Safety related documentation (Safe Systems of Work- Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc) for all maintenance activities.
• Carry out plant Planned Preventative Maintenance as per the CMMS schedules and respond accordingly to all issues. Maintain Records of works complete and supporting processes. Delivery of continuous improvement projects/action
• Support & Training of operatives to complete Autonomous Maintenance tasks
• Responds to plant breakdowns- ensuring it is returned to production in timely manner, any temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution.
• Proactively seek development of new skills in line with strategy
• Complete all CMMS and defect cards as required and feedback the details into the CMMS system to update the status.
• Complete the stock review and feedback any items taken form the stores for reorder on a monthly basis.
• Play a leading role in the continuous improvement for all areas of plant and equipment.
• Play a leading role in maintaining high levels of housekeeping standards at all times.
• Completion of electrical Maintenance work on control equipment
• Completion of electrical installation works around sites.
• Carry out basic Mechanical work as required within skill capabilities.
• Proactively encourage and help co- workers as required whilst assisting with other departments. Build good relationships with employees throughout the Company.
• The operation runs on a call out system out of hours, all must be able to participate in the rota
* A good knowledge of health and safety practices
* Time served apprenticeship in the relevant trade
* Qualifications and experience in Electrical engineering
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple workloads simultaneously and manage stressful situations.
· We offer 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays and life insurance.
· We have the usual pension scheme