The role will require a monthly visit to Hull.
To manage a team to deliver timely and accurate production of management accounts, budgets and forecasts and associated reporting for the relevant business area(s).
To ensure that accounting and control procedures are in place and in line with current accounting legislation and reflect best practice, supporting knowledge sharing in finance community to maximize team performance.
To work with the Executive directors and their management teams to provide business partnership, financial information and support to drive achievement of Business targets.
To align, improve, execute and promote the systems and work processes that support the business in achieving its goals and that comply with internal and external standards and regulatory requirements.
* Accountable for the production of all financial results for the relevant business area(s), including P&L, cashflow and balance sheet
* Responsible for delivering successful, timely month end close, including approving journals, monitoring variances and maintaining integrity of financial ledgers
* Review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including reporting of balance sheet risks and opportunities
* Produce financial reporting, ensuring all deadlines are adhered to, including commentary on major variances and trends.
* Support preparation of 3 year business plan and annual budget for business area, including detailed strategic and financial analysis.
* Management of the year end accounts production timetable in accordance with NEC requirements, ensuring deadlines are met.
* Building strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
* Apply judgement and experience to assist the business in making key decisions, working in business partnership while maintaining corporate governance.
* Provide information to support increased efficiency and cost management with business leads.
* To significantly improve the speed and efficiency of the month end process and to develop the control to support the improvement. Delivering consistent accounting methods across the business.
* Lead business area finance team, setting team's individual responsibilities and objectives and setting workload priorities through conducting regular 121's, appraisals and development
* Challenge existing processes and working methods to deliver a programme of continuous improvement within NEC, through project leadership.
* Support the Finance Director and Financial Controllers in ensuring we have adequate financial processes and procedures in place