Our client is an international firm of Chartered Accountants with 18 partners and over 200 staff in the UK. they specialise in personal and corporate taxation and financial advice to international groups and private individuals from our offices in London and Surrey. Established nearly 90 years ago and ranks amongst the top thirty practices in the UK; they are the largest firm of Chartered Tax Advisers in the UK.
Your Opportunity and Role:
We are recruiting for a Client Payroll Specialist in the Business Services Group. The role requires operation of the department's UK payroll bureau involving weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual payrolls for a diverse range of clients. Many of thier clients have fully outsourced their payroll operations to them and the role involves all aspects of providing them with a first class service.
As a Client Payroll Specialist your day to day work will encompass:
* Preparing client UK payrolls on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* Incorporating payroll changes that have been notified by agreed cut-off dates
* Calculation of SSP, SMP, etc. where applicable
* Providing management information and reports
* Providing security payslips for each employee
* Utilising the BACS system for payment of net salaries and PAYE/NIC
* Advising clients of the necessary payments to be made to employees and HM Revenue & Customs
* Assisting with the preparation and review of year end forms including P11D, PSA
* Responding to client payroll queries including in relation to terminations, share schemes, expenses / benefits and pensions
* Completing all RTI submissions to HM Revenue & Customs
* Extensive communication with clients, mainly by telephone and email
* Correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs on all matters affecting the payroll
* Supporting fellow team members with the delivery of their payrolls, when required
* Supporting the learning and development of team members and act as an SME for technical queries
* Any other ad hoc project work or related tasks as required
Over time there will be an opportunity to develop broader skills, including advising on HR matters such as terminations, redundancies, maternity, etc.
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong payroll skills and sound knowledge of employment issues. They will be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
* Experience in UK payroll preparation and submission (including year end processing), preferably within a bureau environment
* BACs payment experience
* Experience of dealing with PAYE issues and HM Revenue & Customs correspondence
* Clear written and verbal communication
* Good problem solving skills
* Team player and experience of managing a team
* Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
* Ability to multi task and reprioritise workload in a calm and efficient manner
* Excellent IT skills, especially Excel and receptive to technology changes
* Experience of IRIS payroll system useful, but not necessary