Electronic Design Engineer
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Our Engineering team in Royston are currently recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer to join their team. The Electronic Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of industrial electronic hardware.
The Engineer will create clear well-presented schematic designs, multilayer PCB layouts & working prototypes for Mettler-Toledo's X-Ray systems. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision and have a passion for electronics and hardware design.
Key accountabilities include:
* Produce hardware designs for industrial applications (Block diagrams, Schematics, PCB artwork and BOMs).
* Ensure designs comply with relevant standards and meet the requirements of the design specification.
* Produce technical information for manufacturing partners and service teams.
* Resolve design related problems with in-house manufacturing departments, sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Produce manufacturing test process.
* Chair hardware design meetings.
* Maintain an archive of electronic design data.
* Ensure all development projects are to be delivered to an agreed project plan, on time and to budget.
* Evaluation testing of new designs prior to release for production.
* As and when necessary overseas travel maybe required to resolve technical issues and personal develop training.
What You Need to Succeed
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience in electronic engineering.
* Strong level of industry related experience in electronic engineering
* Experience of using Electronic Design Automation tools (Knowledge of MetorGraphic is desirable but training can be arranged)
* Understand and manipulate 2D/3D electronic CAD models.
* Experience in Analogue and Digital electronics design theory.
* Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and analytical skill
* Experience of signal integrity and high speed signaling, power supplies, communication buses, power electronics, peripheral interfacing would be beneficial
* Experience in using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design tools for design, simulation, synthesis and verification.
Our Offer to You
Employee bonus scheme
25 days holiday + bank holidays
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong