Mechanical Design Engineer
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our systems engineering team in Salford, Manchester. The Mechanical Design Engineer will proactively deliver innovative designs, quality improvements, cost reductions and lead time reductions in standard and application specific products.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work within a team ensuring products, customer projects and strategic business objectives are delivered on time, to quality standards, and within budget.
Key responsibilities include:
* Generate new conveyor/non-conveyor systems to customer specifications, from design and Bill of Material formulation, through to release for Purchasing/Production.
* Liaise with suppliers to find optimal design solutions, whilst considering overall Lead Times.
* Complete mechanical design checks for other members of the team, to ensure quality release of work.
* Support Production with any issues that may arise during system build, to improve 'Right First Time'.
* Work alongside neighbouring departments to ensure that Forward Load and Lead Time are reduced, keeping in line with business targets.
* Develop, maintain and amend engineering design drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software packages.
* Implement Engineering Changes accurately and within required timescales.
* Prepare technical quotations and produce estimated costs based on new Sale requirements.
* Ensure project costs/estimates are understood against actual costs.
* Liaise with other departments to efficiently, and effectively resolve problems.
* Participate in and recommend continuous improvement activities.
* Ensure safety, health and environment is inherent in all projects.
* Identify own training needs and communicate these through to the Design Team Leader.
What You Need to Succeed
* Degree or HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in design engineering within a low or medium volume production environment, within any or all of the following industries - conveyor manufacturing, automation solutions, distribution systems and/or packaging.
* Experience ideally sought in selecting motors, belts and pneumatics.
* Skilled in Inventor or similar 3D CAD software package.
* Knowledge of CAD data management systems - ideally Teamcenter.
* Knowledge of MRP systems - ideally SAP
Our Offer to You
* Competitive Salary
* 25 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Employee bonus
* Flexible working
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong