Risk directly supports Visa's strategic priorities to drive sustainable growth and protect Visa's brand and reputation.
Risk is the backbone of Visa, providing constructive solutions and challenge, partnering with the business to help identify and manage risks, balancing risk and reward, and providing insights to inform senior management's strategy and decision making.
We strive to be a diverse, inclusive, best in class Risk function, where we provide exciting development opportunities for our people.
We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support Visa as a Commercial Risk Partner, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
As Commercial Risk Partner, you will be central to delivering on Risk Europe's strategy by:
1. Building strong relationships to cross silos:
o Work closely across Risk Europe
o Work closely with relevant Global Centres of Excellence
o Work closely with other VEL Functions
2. Working collaboratively with the Businesses and other functions to deliver key Business projects and initiatives
3. Working collaboratively with other departments in Risk Europe and Global Risk to:
a. Deliver the Risk Europe strategy
b. Support delivery of the Global Risk strategy
c. Optimise efficiencies
d. Deliver appropriate consistency in risk management
e. Deliver key projects and initiatives
4. Using management information, metrics and analysis to inform business decision-making and to measure progress against goals and desirable outcomes
5. Identifying key risk topics for escalation to the RELT
6. Supporting, training and sharing expertise with other colleagues in VEL and globally
7. Contributing to a "best in class" Function/ Department recognised across VEL and globally as:
o Experts in their field
o Professional and business-aware
o Proactive and solutions-focused
o Constructive and proportionate in their challenge
o Approachable and collaborative
8. By word and deed, being part of the Risk Europe culture
What we expect of you, day to day:
• Develop and execute a comprehensive risk plans that is consistent with local market landscape, country priorities and global risk strategy.
▪ Work with cluster's cross functional leadership team to understand the broader commercial challenges and strategy for growth. As a Commercial Risk Partner, you will be recognized as a valued contributor to supporting sustainable growth
▪ Serve as a trusted & strategic advisor to the Cluster Leadership team on all risk issues.
▪ Develop partnerships with the Business, as First Line of Defense to identify, mitigate, monitor and report on risks impacting their business
▪ Embed the 3 lines of defense and accountability within cluster
▪ Lead Cluster Leadership Risk Sessions, including KRI data dashboard and engaging topics to progress strengthening the execution of VEL's risk management programs
▪ Provide insight/monitoring improvements on the control environments
▪ Provide streamlined and actionable data to aid enhanced execution of risk strategies
▪ Execute both internal and external risk management programs
▪ Identify new, creative "win-win" methods to reduce and mitigate payment system risk, fraud and cardholder data security risks.
• In collaboration with the First Line of Defense (Cluster business teams) and Enterprise Risk team, drive the Cluster Risk Register's being maintained dynamically to improve forward looking execution of risk mitigation strategies
• Prepare reports, briefings and other written products to update executive management on risk activities, issues and opportunities.
▪ Convey risk-related trends and developments to local country manager and leadership team through regular reporting
▪ Synthesize marketplace feedback regarding the effectiveness of Visa's risk management strategy and programs; benchmark Visa's performance relative to other payment networks and participants.
▪ Ensure documentation is engaging and provides clarity on recommendations to the country manager and team
• Manage relationships with issuers, acquirers, merchants, payment processors, service providers, regulators and law enforcement to:
▪ Resolve fraud, dispute, brand protection & data breach events
▪ Ensure effective remediation of compliance program breaches
▪ Support engagement with regulators relating to risk issues promoting Visa's risk management goals and approach
▪ Assist C&CP team with 3rd party and High Brand Risk applications.
▪ Provide stakeholder training
▪ Respond to adhoc queries & analytics requirements
▪ Lead client forums
▪ Identify opportunities to enhance the payment ecosystem and advance risk management best practice.
• Lead the responsible innovation initiative by assisting Visa and its clients mitigate risks and embrace new technology improvements.
▪ Leverage local insights to contribute to Risk thought leadership
▪ Guide clients through payment innovation complexity
▪ Collaborate with Cluster Product lead and Commercial Risk Partner for Product to support innovative solutioning to solve for Risk challenges