Home based with some travel **
The Housing Bespoke Consultancy team play a major role in the implementation of the Northgate Housing system at new customer sites. They work with both NEC & customer technical staff to develop & implement interfaces, APIs etc. The team work closely with product consultants, project managers, account managers, the Housing Implementation Support team, technical consultants and others. Much of the work involves use of SQL and PLSQL
Working within a team to support existing systems and to develop new systems as required. Team members also get involved in responding to tenders as part of the wider Housing business area.
Although the role is home based there will be a requirement to spend time on customer site as per business requirements. Travel to work on projects overseas for short periods may also be required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Develop and support Oracle PL/SQL procedures, Web services, file based interfaces and reports to defined specifications
* Requirements gathering and analysis
* Function and technical design of system changes when required
* Development of systems to specification using structured techniques
* System and integration testing
* Source control and release process documentation
* Support and maintenance of systems in live operation
* Bring development projects through the complete lifecycle from requirements gathering, specification write-up, through to supporting user-acceptance testing and rollout
* Support other team members with their project and enhancement commitments