NEC Software Solutions are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic Software Development Managers to run key development projects for the NEC Public Safety business. You will make a major contribution to the design, development and support of complex, mission critical applications covering all aspects of operational Policing for the UK and international markets. You will work pro-actively with mixed onshore and offshore teams to ensure that software products are built and maintained to the highest possible quality standards and in accordance with the agreed technical architecture and specification.
These are rewarding and challenging roles for an experienced Software Development Managers who wants to step up a gear and to play a major part in the development of solutions that impact the lives of millions.
* Management of one or more of NEC Public Safety's software development teams, with primary responsibility for ensuring that all software solutions are designed, developed and delivered within agreed project timeframes and costs and to agreed quality standards.
* Providing leadership, functional and line management of one or more onshore software development teams ensuring that individuals are performing and delivering to the required standards.
* Providing leadership and functional management of one or more offshore software development teams, monitoring that individuals are performing and delivering to the required standards.
* Promptly and effectively dealing with any performance issues to maintain high productivity from the team at all times.
* Working with the appropriate business leads to ensure that the developed software solutions fully meet the needs of the client and the expectations of the revenue and order book forecasts.
* Ensure that all development projects conform to the agreed NEC quality processes and standards and that software is designed, built and delivered to the highest level.
* Actively identify opportunities for process improvement and implement accordingly in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders.
* Ensure that all software developed conforms to the appropriate technical and design standards including any such standards defined by the NEC Solutions Architects and Technical Design Authorities.
* Production and management of the overall software resource and delivery plan for all projects.
* Ensure that the software development teams are adequately and efficiently utilised at all times.
* Production of accurate and timely development project reports as requested.
* Proactively participate in technical risk mitigation and issue resolution as required
* Advising the NEC Management Team of any deviations from plan, recommending corrective action and helping prepare any appropriate recovery initiatives
* Working with the NEC Management Team to ensure budgets and delivery timescales are met
* Liaising with customers and other key project stakeholders as required