Job Title: IT Technical Analyst
Location: Reading/Thames Corridor
Crest Nicholson is a leading developer with a history of creating well-designed sustainable communities for over 55 years. The company operates through five regional house building divisions, with offices in St Albans (Chiltern). Brentwood (Eastern), Tamworth (Midlands) Chertsey (South), and Stoke Gifford (South West). At any given time, Crest Nicholson has between 70 and 90 active site locations where housing developments are being built and sold.
Crest Nicholson are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Technical Analyst to join our team. Our IT team of approximately 20 members, responsible for: projects, application support, business solutions, reporting & BI, and remote site support.
Your role will be to provide 2nd line IT support to users in divisional offices, and site and sales offices. You will also liaise with business stakeholders to plan and provision IT infrastructure and services on new sites.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Managing incidents and requests in Service Now.
* Planning and delivering the IT requirements for new site and sales offices, including co-ordinating 3rd party suppliers.
* Planning and supporting site moves and closures.
* Managing IT assets (laptops, desktops, phones, tablets, printers, and networking equipment).
* Provisioning IT hardware for starters and recovering hardware from leavers.
* Visiting offices to resolve desktop issues and problems, and to gain a better understanding of business requirements.
* Being primary contact for 3rd party supplier for office related requests and incidents.
* Providing basic application support for core business systems.
* Carrying out IT inductions for new employees.
In addition to fulfilling technical competencies, the candidate must be able to interact with end users, including senior business stakeholders (e.g. Divisional Managing Directors). The role would suit somebody with the following attributes:
* Excellent communication skills
* Happy to travel (and must have a clean driving licence)
* Basic project management experience
* Relationship-building with internal and external stakeholders
* Comfortable floor-walking and talking to people,
* Able to plan and manage a daily/weekly/monthly schedule
The role has geographic responsibility for the South West office in Stoke Gifford. Regular travel will be required to sites located around Bristol, the Thames Corridor, and along the South coast. The candidate should live in a suitable location to make this feasible.
Technically you will need 2nd line support experience with Windows 10, Android, and iOS. You will also be required to:
Configure endpoint devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, and mobile phones), following standard processes.
Configure networking equipment and telephony, following standard processes.
Plan and co-ordinate infrastructure changes for provisioning IT on remote sites.
Identify and resolve hardware and software issues on endpoint devices.
Provide high-level support for Microsoft Office applications and core business systems.
Benefits and package:
* Competitive salaries and bonuses
* Company car/car allowance (with low co2 emission uplift)
* Share save scheme
* Private pension up to 12.5%
* Private healthcare
* Cash plan options
* 28 days' annual leave
* Flexible working
* Gym membership discounts
* Retail discounts