Product Owner - X-Ray Generator
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Product Owner to establish and execute an ongoing roadmap for the development of X-Ray generators (a sub-system of Mettler-Toledo's X-Ray machines). The Product Owner will take into account future market and customer needs, new product development, component availability, supplier strategy, quality, cost, in field performance and field returns. This will require a close working relationship with marketing, supply chain, production and service.
The Product Owner will determine a plan to reduce systematically the number and complexity of generator variants without impacting sales potential.
This role requires a mixture of technical, strategic and commercial thinking, where the ultimate goal is to minimize business costs and risks while maximizing customer satisfaction. This is a great opportunity to influence and effect change within a dynamic organisation.
Key accountabilities include:
* Own the development roadmap for the generator sub-system.
* The sub-system lead is the first responder to critical customer issues where the generator is known to be the primary cause.
* Lead generator projects that are not part of the day-to-day engineering, supply chain and new product developments.
* Accountable for the execution of generator related engineering changes (but not responsible for the actions).
* Accountable for the compliance, manufacturing readiness and validation status of each generator variant.
* Plan the end of life of generator variants and the replacement / upgrade path for legacy systems.
* Work closely with service and marketing to provide clear, accurate and timely communications to the field to manage expectations and avoid problematic end of life / upgrade outcomes.
* Plan the rationalisation of the generator portfolio.
* Monitor quality, cost and service KPIs and triggers action as required.
* Work closely with supply chain on sourcing strategy and component last time buy.
What You Need to Succeed
* Degree qualified in engineering (e.g. mechanical, electronics or software) or a relevant technical management discipline
* Project management experience in electro-mechanical products with comparable complexity to those of x-ray inspection systems
* Experience managing projects with high electronics and software content is desirable
* Experience leading at least one full project to develop and launch a new product
* Experience as product owner with responsibility for leading post-launch activities across marketing, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality and service.
* Good understanding of the end-to-end business process, from customer order to product installation
* Project / product management experience spanning at least two generations of product.
* Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary product development.
* Experience working to operational business targets; e.g. quality, cost, revenue and warranty.
Our Offer to You
* Competitive Salary
* Employee bonus scheme
* Life assurance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong