Information Systems Manager
SALARY: 45-50K (dependent on experience), plus car allowance and excellent company benefits
LOCATION: Shipley, Bradford
HOURS OF WORK: Mon - Thurs, 8:30am - 5pm, Fri - 8:30am - 1:30pm (flexibility between 8.00am - 9.00am)
Our client is looking for someone with manufacturing experience to lead their interal IT department. The IS Manager's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organisation. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organisation, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices. It is particularly important to recognise that this is a Manufacturing Site requiring a high level of response and support whenever Manufacturing activities are under way. Some limited overseas travel may be required, primarily to other company facilities (post COVID).
* Work closely with stakeholders across the business to deliver IT services in both the factory and office environments.
* Work closely with the other company sites IT functions ensuring the site complies with group policy and procedures (information security, etc).
* Managing ongoing supplier relationships for hardware/software procurement as well as managed services.
* Responsible for the IT disaster recovery for the wider business continuity plan.
* People management including appraisal and reviews, recruitment, etc.
* Technical escalation support for the team.
* Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
* Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
* Establish and maintain regular written and direct communications with all levels within the organisation.
* Create Annual Plans based on Group, European and local strategic plans
* Oversee the life cycle management and continuous improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Budgetary responsibility in line with annual plan
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
* Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
* Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
* Knowledge/experience of modern ERP/MRP systems.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong understanding of project management principles.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
Strong technical knowledge of network, protocols, standards and PC operating systems, including:
* Cisco Meraki (WLAN, LAN & Security - VPNs etc).
* Cisco Unified Communications (VoIP).
* HPE Simplivity hyperconverged infrastructures.
* VMware experience.
* Active Directory including Group Policy Object management.
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - 2016.
* SQL Server administration.
* Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops - On premise and cloud services.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, in a Manufacturing business
* Strong leadership skills, highly self-motivated, flexible attitude.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, and persuade others.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct and complete research into IT issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
* ITIL service desk (Certified)
* Experience in SOX compliance
* Budget Control Management
* Willing and happy to roll your sleeves up when required
* Strong Human Resources management skills
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
* Microsoft 365 experience or exposure
* ERP/MRP Implementation and management
* AS400 experience or exposure
* Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager experience
* Microsoft Network Policy Services experience
* Microsoft AD Federation Services experience
* Lotus Notes/Domino Server administration / Lotus Notes Traveller
* CAD software/server administration - CREO, AutoCAD
* Civica HR, Payroll & Time and Attendance (Carval) experience or exposure
* Factory Vision systems experience or exposure
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (NOT ESSENTIAL)
* University degree in the field of computer science or business administration and a significant number of years related work experience