Teach Now are seeking a passionate, experienced and dedicated Learning Mentor to work 1:1 with a pupil in Year 2 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH). The role will begin in September 2021 and will continue on until the end of the academic year.
You will work closely with the KS1 class teacher also supporting the class in general. The student is a high-risk individual and vulnerable and therefore requires intensive support, both emotionally and academically. The School are searching for an experienced Learning Mentor to work with the pupil and act as a positive role model until the pupil can operate independently in the classroom.
The school is based in Tottenham and their most recent OFSTED report was rated 'Good'.
The school are looking for someone to build a strong relationship with the boy while at the same time raising his levels in core subjects, Numeracy and Literacy.
Qualifications are not required for this role
The school are looking for individuals that are:
* Experienced supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis.
* Committed to a long-term position and the well-being of a young children.
* Professional and patient
* Have an understanding of sensory needs and how behaviour is affected by surroundings.
* Able to devise a programme and run interventions on your own initiative.
* Able to provide emotional and academic support.
* Experienced liaising with the senior leadership team, parents and external organisations.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
* Competitive rates
* CPD training
* Working alongside a supportive team
* Having a designated and committed consultant to support you through your role
* An excellent referral bonus scheme
If this role sounds interesting to you and you feel you have all the above qualities, then please submit your up to date CV and Alexis will be in touch with you.
Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you