We are SCC - Specialist Computer Centres - Europe's leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Technical Specialist - Networks Engineer, working on our Secure Platform.
This role will focus on designing, documenting, implementing and support of all networks devices within the secure platform. The position will sit in 3rd line support reporting into the Sentinel Technical Manager, with a key focus on BAU support for our customers, there will also be, on occations, a requirement for the delivery of new projects to new and existing customers on an adhoc basis.
Main Duties of Job
* Manage and own the functional operation of Switches, Firewalls and Routers within the environment.
* Performing Firewall Configuration, troubleshooting and Administration.
* Monitoring and maintaining switching infrastructure to agreed service levels.
* Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels.
* Creating and performing authorized changes to customer environments, attending CABs where necessary.
* Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement programs of all technology platforms across the Data centre.
* Assist with the acceptance into service into operational support for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades.
* Contributing to delivering team performance.
* Cover on call as part of a team rota.
Attributes of Successful Candidate:
• Determined, can-do attitude.
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
• Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator.
• Proven network management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment.
• Excellent customer service and organisation skills.
• Professional and presentable at all times.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
• Strong background with troubleshooting core network technologies in large scale / datacenter deployment.
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience providing support to enterprise level clients in a multivendor environment.
• Good working knowledge and experience with Cisco technologies:
• Cisco ASA's.
• Cisco Routers/Switches.
• Nexus Series Switches.
• Good working knowledge and experience with VPN technologies:
• SSL Remote Access VPN.
• IPSEC Site-to-Site VPN.
• Experience in providing out of hours support to a 24/7 environment.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security).
• Knowledge and experience with Fortinet technologies:
• Fortigate Firewalls.
• FortiManager / FortiAnalyser.
• F5 Loadbalancing.
• Cisco FirePower Management Centre\ FirePower.
• DMVPN / DVTI / GRE.
• ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes.
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider.
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.