Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd are advertising this role as a Direct Employer (not a Recruitment Agency)
Due to a high demand for our products and full order books for 2021 - These roles are initially for a 6 month contract but a high possibility of the positions to go premanent for the right candidates.
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd has firmly established itself as a trusted supplier of rolled Aluminium products since 1933. Our knowledge and experience spans many decades, evident in the work we do today to which we supply the Lithographic, Automotive, Can Body Stock and Foil Sectors of Industry. We are a 74 acre site which is located; as the name implies, in the historic town of Bridgnorth and within a 25min commute from towns such as Telford, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster and Wolverhampton, 40mins from Birmingham, Worcester, Stafford and Redditch.
The General Operator reports directly to the Section Leader on a 'day-to-day' shift basis. The role sits within the Operations team of the designated Area/Department within our business and will function as part of an efficient and productive team to operate the machinery and plant in the department.
You will work as a member of a shift to include all aspects of our business; whether this being from recycle scrap processed material and remelt virgin ingot, through to involvement in the aluminium rolling slab process on to finishing area and logistics - all to which must meet the required specification and level of quality using the plant and equipment within the department as instructed; to meet with our customers' expectations.
The General Operator is responsible for ensuring:
* Working according to safe working procedures and that correct PPE is in use and worn at all times
* Consistency in operation by using correct operating practises and procedures at all times and carries out the correct quality inspection practises.
* Operating to the safe working practises and that all equipment is also operating safely bringing faults as they occur to the attention of the Shift Section Leader, Engineering and Production Management for rectification
* Ensuring that the area is kept in a clean and tidy condition and that safety is considered at all times
The General Operator must be able to communicate:
* Clearly any issues arising directly with the Shift Section Leader, Production Management and Engineering to identify and faults on the machinery and plant such that actions can be taken to repair or replace faulty equipment during maintenance periods
* With other Operators especially at shift hand over; where necessary, with Section Leaders in other production areas
The General Operator role includes; but is not limited to:
* Take samples from the metal and check the quality, surface finish, composition and purity of the metal
* Has practical knowledge of the procedures, manufacturing processes, and methods within the area
* Good working knowledge of plant and machinery with the area to include forklift trucks and overhead cranes and mobile plant for which they will be trained and qualified
Above all you must be adaptable to work across the whole business adhering to Health and Safety measures that are at the forefront of our company.
General Operator - Package
* Shift position 4 on (2 days, 2 nights) and 4 off
* Pension up to 7% matched contribution - salary sacrifice with part NI saving returned
* 4 x Annual Salary 'Life Insurance'
* Private Health Cash Plan Package - can be increased to incorporate dependants
* Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
Due to the nature of the business, the General Operator should be aware that under special circumstances (e.g., breakdowns, outage periods, etc.) longer working hours or working approved overtime might be required to fulfil the duties of the role.
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of General Operator; then please don't hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion we are NOT able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK.
1st Stage interviews will be conducted using video conference due to Covid19 and further progression will be adhered to using the UK Government and companies social distancing guidelines and procedures