Loughborough based offices, although remote working is an option, so your location is not an issue! (Our ref AL1011)
Salary £30,000 - £37,000 + benefits, depending on experience and qualifications
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paraplanner to join our clients growing Team. The main purpose of your role will be to work collaboratively with the team of Financial Planners to provide technical solutions for all aspects of financial planning, to prepare high quality written advice, delivered in an efficient manner; whilst mitigating any risks to the business.
You will proactively engage with clients, to obtain or clarify information that is needed to be able to provide the best possible advice and to answer client queries of a factual or technical nature.
* To understand the financial planning requirements of clients, to produce effective and compliant financial planning recommendations and to maintain the strategies over the lifetime of the clients service agreement.
* Carry out technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process.
* Maintain up to date technical knowledge of financial products, financial planning strategies, services, regulatory requirements and codes of practice appropriate to the company.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
* Technically astute and have clarity of full Financial Planning Areas, to be able to produce high quality output in line with FCA requirements
* The ability to analyse information effectively, to be organised, thorough and accurate
* To be able to source and obtain reliable, current & effective information about the legal and regulatory requirements and codes of practice that affect your work
* Communicate effectively with Clients, Planners and other Team members and to articulate complex information effectively
* Willingness to share opinions and views with team members and debate and discuss alternative views to arrive at a common wisdom
* Problem solving ability
* Level 4 Qualified in Financial Planning or above (consideration may be given to an individual who is very close to completing their Level 4
* Previously worked as a Paraplanner working in a busy team environment, delivering to tight timescales, ideally in an IFA environment
* Have excellent Microsoft and Excel skills and experience of building long term cashflows.
What's in it for you
You'll enjoy a host of benefits including flexible working, funding and support for personal professional development, discounts on our services, increased employer pension contributions, inclusion in group death in service and permanent health insurance schemes and more, such as
* 33 days holiday including bank holidays increasing at 3 and 5 years
* Holiday scheme allowing for purchase or sale of up to 5 days holiday entitlement per year.
* Pension Auto-Enrolment with NEST with contributions of 9%
* Employee Assistance Program, including 24hr confidential support service.
* Offices in Loughborough, with flexible working and homeworking options
* A chance to join a friendly and supportive team
* If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website