Previous Gaming industry employment not essential*
Programmer or Senior Programmer - Computer / AAA Video Game Studio - West Midlands (Remote Work also Considered)
Fantastic Opportunity for Promotion / Career Change or Specialism Change.
*Also open to consider candidates from outside the gaming industry with a view to transfer experience over*
This employer would consider candidates with the following experience / background:
The Career Changer:
-An experienced programmer / developer / software engineer, who is working outside of the gaming industry but looking to move full time into Gaming as a career.
For experience to be considered transferable you must have strong C++ skills and be able to demonstrate examples of games you have created as side projects / in your spare time.
The Indie Game Developer
-A game programmer / developer / software engineer who has had experience working on Indie games whether it be their own studio or working for others, who is now looking for the opportunity to work on bigger AAA titles.
The Gaming Veteran
-An already established Senior Gaming Programmer who is looking for a fresh challenge.
Perhaps someone who has been working on mobile gaming and wants to move over to AAA games.
Or a programmer who has specialised in a field of programming (For example Audio, Tools, Physics, Graphics, AI, Rendering, Multiplayer, Network etc), but would like the opportunity to widen their experience into a more generalist programmer / gameplay programmer role.
The Promotion Seeker (Time to Level Up!)
-A Gaming Programmer with atleast 3 years of experience who feels ready to step up to senior programmer level but is struggling to find the opportunity internally at their current employer.
Love Games? - Thank this company for bringing some of the greatest recent game releases to you!
Fantastic opportunity for a Programmer to join a growing AAA Gaming Developer.
Based in the midlands my client is a reputable gaming developer with over 50+ staff and growing, working on exciting projects with a long-term pipeline of work to fuel further growth of the business and your career.
They have a longstanding track record of working on well known AAA titles and have a relaxed and personable company culture, creating a motivated and pleasant team environment.
So if you are fed up of being treated like just another number at a big corporate company, this family feel business would be an ideal home.
Working as part of a close knit team, this role would be ideal for an already experienced Senior Programmer or a Programmer looking to make their next step up to senior level.
What makes it GREAT?
-Excellent opportunity for career progression, going through an exciting period of organic growth.
-Company has very low staff turnover, Excellent sign that they look after their staff.
-Big enough to keep you busy, small enough to know your name.
-Excellent company benefits and very generous holiday allowance.
-Exciting and diverse AAA projects, working on Iconic projects on a variety of platforms.
LOCATION: Worcestershire/ West Midlands
This employer is situated on the outskirts of Birmingham, just a short distance from multiple supermarkets, coffee houses, food shops and more. A short 10 minute walk to the train station means that you are easily linked via Birmingham or Worcester, and parking is freely available both onsite and roadside.
For the right experience remote work will also be considered.
* Develop and deliver high-quality game code for AAA Unreal 4 projects
* Collaborate with the programming team to develop fully realised and working game systems
* Communicate and collaborate with the Programming & Design Team to assist in delivering polished and immersive gaming experiences that meet design and technical requirements.
* Create and maintain game logic for gameplay mechanics and other supporting game play systems, including written automated tests.
* Work within the specification guidelines of the project and technology, keeping performance in mind as well as working with others to debug potential issues.
* Profiling and optimising code for memory and performance considerations on a per platform basis.
* Be responsible for scoping tasks, working to deadlines and communicating with production and if problems arise.
* Collaborate with design and production to establish achievable goals.
* Communicate with QA to help track down and fix priority bugs.
* You will be expected to solve problems independently
* You will be responsible for testing own logic by authoring automated tests as well as some manual validation testing
* Participate in code reviews as a reviewer, observer or author and assist in sharing knowledge making sure standards and efficiency are upheld
* Create technical designs and host discussions when creating new systems or expanding existing ones.
* Assist in maintaining existing documentation
* Provide support to other programmers when required
* Be able to effectively cherry pick and integrate change lists from other streams where necessary
* Work with leads from relevant areas to scope up new projects
* Assist in mentoring other engineers
To be considered for this Programmer role you must meet the following criteria:
* Professional C++ experience
* Ideally be able to demonstrate understanding of Unreal Engines.
* Strong understanding of content structure and management of C++ code bases with the ability to quickly learn existing code bases.
* Good level of debugging skills, with the ability to perform profiling and optimisation.
* Experienced with giving and receiving code reviews
* Eligible to work in the UK.
The successful Programmer will receive:
-Competitive Salary + Benefits
-Company bonus scheme
-Flexible working hours.
-28 days holiday + 2 weeks shutdown over Christmas
-Staff Care packages
-Social Gaming nights.
-Company outings & events (Summer BBQs & Christmas Parties)
-Ample staff car parking.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency