Our client is a great engineering and manufacturing company who specialise in heat transfer solutions and energy reduction. They are now looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Thermal Process Engineer to become part of the team to work in a laboratory and manufacturing environment on an exciting innovative project. Initially the role is for a two-year fixed term contract with a high probability of it becoming a permanent role following project completion.
Your responsibilities as a Thermal Process Engineer will include:
* Designing, constructing, assembling, commissioning of bespoke in-house heat transfer test facilities - including evaluating existing test equipment.
* Planning, conducting, evaluating heat transfer experiments at pilot scale with enhancement technology in high viscosity liquids.
* Involvement in the design and testing of new enhancement products.
* Interpreting experimental results, composing project reports and formally presenting findings in project meetings.
* Identification processes benefiting experimental findings.
* Engineering support in heat exchanger design using the latest versions of design software for new plant designs and upgrading /debottlenecking existing processes. This involves creating technical proposals to customers.
Qualifications needed for the Thermal Process Engineer role:
You must be degree qualified in Chemical Engineering (or a related degree) with a strong background in heat transfer (or at least one years heat transfer placement experience if you are a fresh graduate).
* Practical experience of processing of viscous liquids
* Ideally you will have a background in use of CFD software
* Practcal experience in conducting heat transfer experiments.
* You will also need a driving license, a keen eye for detail, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
In return for your hard work they offer a competitive salary ranging between £25,000 to £35,000 based on your level of experience, a bonus and benefits package, a really friendly team and the opportunity to work for a company that values its employees.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up to date copy of your CV to Kate Evans quoting reference number GP204