This organisation provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
From analysis and testing and operational support to knowledge management, all activities are built on an extensive programme of research and innovation steered by industry to ensure maximum commercial relevance.
Their Regulatory Affairs team is widely recognised for its expertise in the interpretation and commercial application of International and UK food law. Its reputation has grown steadily over the past decade, notably as a result of successful innovative high-profile work for the public, private and third sectors. The challenge for the team is to continue to grow, innovate and improve our regulatory services, driven by our strong team of expert staff and continuing investment from the business.
Overall purpose of position: To provide members and clients with authoritative services in the areas of regulatory affairs.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To maintain and extend a high level of awareness of current food legislation, related issues and likely developments, in food legislation in the EU. Experience in all or some of the following countries is desired; Germany, Italy, Austria and Switzerland. Support outside these geographic regions is also likely, to meet client needs. (50%)
* To answer questions from clients and colleagues on the content, application and interpretation of the above. (20%)
* To develop and contribute to quotes and proposals across all countries with support. (15%)
* To initiate new business and deliver contract services on time and within budget. (10%)
* To recommend and implement change in services, products and systems. (5%)
* To undertake such other duties as may, from time to time, reasonably be required by line manager.
Qualifications and competencies
Graduate level qualification(s) in science, law or related subjects.
Minimum 1-3 years' experience / knowledge of food law acquired in a commercial, enforcement or policy setting.
Well-developed communication skills - upwards, downwards and outwards.
Experience of customer service and interaction with clients would be advantageous
Language skills - Fluency in German and/or Italian and English with the ability to read and interpret food law in German and or Italian speaking countries. Additional languages would be an advantage.
* Clearly explains complex legal provisions, concepts and developments.
* Good communication skills for holding discussions with staff, clients and subcontractors, to generate project proposals, discuss findings and write coherent reports.
* Presentations to clients (e.g. MIGs, conferences, private) to generate new business.
* Design and deliver oft training course presentations
* Able to write reports of varying length and complexity.
* Able to manage projects of size from single client projects up to collaborative projects lasting several months.
Analytical Skills & Creativity
* Routinely and authoritatively interprets a large volume of continually changing, complex legal and business material and its practical application in a variety of commercial settings.
* Consultancy with clients to identify and interpret legalisation for technical and non-technical reports.
* Ability to balance longer term objectives and deliver against shorter term deadlines with variable notice periods.
Pay and benefits
This is a UK based, home working opportunity.
Indicative Salary Range: £(Apply online only)
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position