Control Room Operator - UKAEA
Are you an experienced Mechanical Technician/Engineer?
Would you enjoy working with revolutionary technology at one of the world's leading fusion research facilities?
UKAEA is the home to JET (the Joint European Torus) and MAST-U (Mega Amp Spherical Tokamak - Upgrade).
This is a great opportunity to work alongside some of the most progressive science and engineering advancements including; the future of clean energy and innovative robotics systems. It is a chance to join one of the world's leading Fusion Research facilities. With considerable investment from government into fusion energy research, now is an exciting time to join the business
In your role as a Control Room Operator you will be based in the Active Gas Handling (AGH) Group, who are responsible for the operation, maintenance and upgrade of the Active Gas Handling System (AGHS). The AGHS recycles tritium and detritiates the exhaust from the JET device on continuous operation.
In your role you will be accountable for:
* Assisting the plant supervisor and the AGHS Control Room Duty Officer with daily routine tasks and duties.
* Monitoring and responding to alarms (e.g. plant, RPI, fire, flammable gas, and oxygen etc).
* Undertaking pre-operational and post-operational tasks and daily checks.
* Monitoring and maintain stable plant conditions - reporting any irregularities.
* Administer the DOSAC system to authorise entry to ALNOR controlled areas.
* Liaising with Control Room Shift Technicians regarding planned TORUS interventions
* Ensuring a safe working environment and work within the Health and safety guidelines
* Maintaining accurate records in the Control Room Logbook.
* HNC, BTEC ONC, City & Guilds level 2/3, NVQ 2/3 or equivalent qualification in a mechanical or engineering discipline.
* Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision.
* Good problem-solving abilities and be able to cope under pressure.
* Good communication skills both verbal and written.
It would be helpful if you have:
* Experience in a Hi-Tech or process engineering environment
The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority is a large UK government research organisation based on an expansive site just outside of Oxford. UK AEA's mission is to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technology and position the UK as a leader in sustainable nuclear energy. With over 1,000 employees, this is an exciting and vibrant place to work.
- Please note, this role is strictly within IR35 and only available on PAYE/Umbrella basis.
- All employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants