Support Worker - Supportive Lifestyles
* Up to 40 hours per week
* Generous weekend and night shift working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Support Workerfor Cornwall Care, you'll be working in our supported accommodation within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homesyou are working in.
What you'll do:
* Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
* Following the client's plan of care you are responsible to create a safe environment for the client to take part in daily living; promoting independence and providing support with household tasks
* Ensure that the psychological, physical, spiritual and diversity needs of individual clients in your care are maintained and continuously monitored and met.
* To accurately and consistently administer, record, store and order medication for the client as required
* Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
What you'll need:
* At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications. (training provided)
* At Level 2, you will have a Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
* Havea driving licence and own transport
* Good standard of literacy and numeracy
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability and willingness to self-development
What you'll receive:
* £9.11 per hour plus enhancements for nights, weekends and bank holidays
* You'll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you're looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications - from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster