Ainscough Crane Hire are currently recruiting for a Crane/HGV Fitter to join our Falkirk depot on a full-time, permanent basis.
Who are we looking for?
We are on the lookout for someone with experience of maintaining Mobile Cranes, HGV's, or Plant machinery with a high level of health & safety. You will be a team player, a good communicator, open to learning and have the ability to learn and apply technical knowledge. If you have experience of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, we want to hear from you!
We expect all employees to be role models for our leadership behaviours: Always make the safe choice; Reliable; Easy to deal with; Open to new ideas; Teamwork; Passion.
About Ainscough Crane Hire
Ainscough Crane Hire is the market leader for lifting solutions and services to the infrastructure, construction, power generation and industrial markets. The company was founded in Wigan in 1976, and now operates nationally from 30 depots. Our offering is unique: with the most experienced team in the industry operating the country's largest fleet of cranes, and capacity of up to 1000 tonnes across our specialist teams, safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our knowledge and experience allows us to bring innovative lifting solutions to our customers' problems.
How are we different?
At Ainscough, our culture is 'Make the Safe Choice'; this applies to everything we do.
* Health & Safety - We have numerous accreditations & awards for outstanding QHSE, including ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
* Reliability - Stringent fleet maintenance schedules to increase availability & reliability
* Availability - We have one of the largest heavy haulage fleets in the UK, with 400+ cranes across 30 locations
* Experience - Expertise on all aspects of a lift; from the initial consultation stage through to execution
The Role of a Crane/HGV Fitter
At Ainscough Crane Hire, the role of a Crane/HGV Fitter involves:
• Assist workshop staff to ensure duties are being carried out efficiently and accurately. Be seen as an advanced technical fitter.
• Assist workshop staff with preventative maintenance and servicing for all cranes.
• Properly maintain materials, tools, and equipment.
• Assist in the securing and lockup of vehicles that are under workshop control.
• Assist in cleaning and keeping the mechanical workshops and surrounds tidy.
• Assists with programming the service schedule for all depot fleet.
• Assists with maintaining daily records of plant, labour and materials used.
• Assists with the planning and procurement of materials and consumables as required.
• Perform servicing and repairs on cranes within the workshop.
• Accurately maintain service records for each crane detailing all faults, repairs, service dates etc.
• Provide technical advice to ensure shortest possible downtime for vehicles.
• Maintain health and safety standards at all times.
• Schedule machine/ vehicle time with the operations department in order to carry out repairs and/or maintenance to equipment.
• Secure necessary materials and parts for the work in good time, ordering/ chasing from suppliers if necessary.
• Undertake other duties that management may reasonably request.
Some of our main benefits include:
* Competitive rates of pay (including overtime)
* 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Access to the company Perk Box benefits scheme including discounts on shopping, eating out and cinema as well as a free coffee every month, free yoga & workout sessions amongst many others!
* Pension scheme
* Death in service benefit
* Cycle2Work Scheme
* A strong approach to employee safety / Best-in-class QHSE
* UK's largest fleet of cranes (up to 1000t)
* And many more