Position: Early Years Practitioner
Salary Banding: £21,125 with potential to earn up to £26,000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time- Perm 40 hours p/w
Location: 24 St Swithin Nursery
This is a 53 place setting caring for children 3 months - 5 years. There is local bus routes and parking nearby.
The role is working full time. As an Early Years Practitioner working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Your role as Early Years Practitioner will include:
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning.
- Plan appropriately for children using the curriculum of excellence/ pre-birth to three.
- Good knowledge and understanding 'Building the ambition' and 'Girfec'
- Maintain accurate and effective children's records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Safeguarding Procedures.
- Be a Key Person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Work as a team with other staff members.
Essential Skills & Experience;
SVQ Level 3 or HNC in childhood practice, or any other qualification recognised as a practitioner qualification with the SSSC.
We offer an extensive benefits package which includes:
- Amazing high street discounts with popular retailers
- Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team
- External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss (debt etc.)
- Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
- Excellent career opportunities in a huge organisation
- A 'World Class' Induction programme
ř out of 6 employees would recommend Bright Horizons as a Great Place to Work!"
You may have experience of the following: Childcare Practitioner, Early Years Practitioner, Play worker, Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Nurse, Early Years Educator