Role: PMO Manager
Location: North West
Salary: up to £45,000 + Car Allowance and Package
Mason-James is currently recruiting for an experienced PMO Project Manager. on behalf of a leading organisation based in the North West. The role offers a competitive salary, car allowance, package and fantastic working environment.
The role will be home based however there will be the occasional times office working will be required
The role of PMO Governance Manager include managing the day-to-day activities in the PMO, providing guidance on PMO policies and processes, supporting the project and programme management delivery team, create regular quality management information reporting and collaborating with other departments to develop projects and programmes in the Portfolio.
To be successful as a PMO Governance Manager, you should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills, be well organised and able to work under pressure.
* Working with the operational and support businesses to promote and ensure adherence to the PMO Governance processes and methodology
* Engaging with Programme and Project Managers to promote consistency across the portfolio to enable standardise reporting
* Supporting Transformation managers to remove blockers and manage risk, issues and dependencies across the portfolio
* Working with support teams to identify resource issues across the portfolio
* Oversee the management of the Portfolio while ensuring that Project and Programme Managers are carrying out their tasks efficiently, on schedule and while upholding standards.
* Maintain plan to support Project Sponsors in submitting Business Cases. Ensure submissions are off a high quality.
* Continuously evaluating projects and programmes to ensure they meet standards including clarity of budgets, scope and quality while meeting key delivery milestones.
* Produce regular quality Portfolio level reporting and ensuring they are of a high quality and meet the audience needs.
* Manage and maintain the Portfolio Change Control process and ensure policy guidelines and rules are maintained.
* Collaborating with other department leaders to define, prioritise, and develop resources to support project delivery. Maintain record or resources at a Portfolio level and IT delivery team level.
* Provide a Portfolio overview of financial data including project budgets, forecast and capitalisation spend.
* Collate and manage risks, issues and dependencies on a portfolio level. Work with the Project Management team to ensure they are managed efficiently.
* Drafting new and improve existing policies and procedures, and ensure they are adhered too across the business.
* Ensure Delivery Methodology and standards are adhered too across the Portfolio and provide guidance to delivery teams.
* Maintain Lessons Learned and ensure actions are followed through to benefit realisation.
* Prince 2 or other Project Management qualifications required.
* ICSA/ CIPFA or other Corporate Governance qualification would be advantageous.
* A minimum of five years' experience in the project management.
* Experience in Smartsheets or Microsoft Project required.
* Azure DevOps would be beneficial.
* Experience in managing budgets and providing forecasts
* Can provide expert advice and has strong leadership skills.
* Ability to plan and organise own workload, while working under pressure to strict deadlines.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, a confident communicator, with the ability to tailor communication methods to a diverse audience
* Good attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate, and high quality work
* Ability to be trusted when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
* A change-champion who embraces change, and are a natural "out of the box" thinker
* Able to prioritise a multi-channel workload, through the allocation of work, whilst identifying trends and constantly reviewing performance
* A pragmatic approach to problem solving, combined with a solid understanding of root-cause analysis
Please apply directly and we will be in touchwith suitable conadidates or please contact Jennifer directly