Do you want to be part of a target driven, efficient and responsive Accounts team, playing an integral part in managing the day-to-day Accounts Payable process?
Are you excited by managing and motivating a Team to achieve their KPIs, have strong attention to detail and proven managerial experience?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Payable Assistant Manager to join a growing business in Alton, Hampshire. Supporting the Operational Finance Manager, the individual will work in a varied role, taking responsibility for the daily tasks of the Accounts Payable Team.
This is a unique position for someone looking to grow their financial career; embrace exciting challenges and take a pivotal role in the success of the Finance Team.
What does this role involve?
* Managing Accounts Payable (AP), including attentive management of creditors and payments.
* Assisting the Reporting Team with the closure of monthly accounts, ensuring that all reporting is valid, accurate and produced to the given schedule.
* Line Managing a team of AP assistants, including motivating them to achieve KPIs, undertaking appraisals, carry out one-to-ones, and identify training needs.
* Identifying and implementing potential process improvements for the AP Team.
* Ensuring that robust control processes are embedded with the AP team, to both improve accuracy and to protect against fraud.
* Reviewing invoices to ensure that all allocations are correct for projects and cost centres, as well as identifying prepayment and accrual invoices.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a hands on individual with proven experience in transactional accounts management, as well as previous experience in managing, motivating, and leading a team.
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified and have experience of working with SAP, as well as having excellent attention to detail and a flexible approach.
The role would suit someone who is a strong team player who strives to achieve and who is calm and focused under pressure, with excellent interpersonal skills.
How do I apply?
you would like to express an interest in this role then please apply via CV Library.
Once your application has been reviewed we will give you a call if we would like to discuss your application further.
If you don't hear from anyone in 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
By Applying for this position, you give consent to the Company (Portfolio Recruitment) processing your personal data for the following purposes:
For the Company to provide me with work-finding services
For the Company to process with or transfer my personal data to their clients in order to provide me with work-finding services
For the Company to process my data on a computerised database in order to provide me with work-finding services