A Leading Technology company are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner to join on a 12 month FTC contract basis, this role will be working from home with some occasional visits to the site at Abingdon may be required, the salary for the role is up to £60,000What's the purpose of this role?
To ensure the financial function is deeply involved with business decision making and so aid the business in making decisions that maximise the profitability of each business area. This requires excellent stakeholder management and communication and influencing skills, broad commercial awareness with the ability to take balanced views on short and long term implications, identify opportunities to make more profitable decisions and identify and mitigate risks before they crystallise into real financial costs.
To ensure that actual and forecast management information is accurate and timely to meet business and regulatory requirements and that the Group's financial governance controls are applied.What does the job entail?
The duties of a Business Finance Partner are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
What are we looking for?
- The BFP will manage one UK based Business Finance Partner - Services.
- A key part of the role is to manage and maintain the long term contract models as they unwind under IFRS15, ensure accurate and appropriate revenue recognition and risk management.
- The role is wider than the long term contract models and also includes being the BFP for the Services division which includes new business propositions ranging from large managed service contracts to the lower average order value 'onsite support' and other new service offerings.
As the right candidate for the role of Business Finance Partner, you will have some of the following:
- Qualified Accountant
- At least competent in Excel, and ideally excellent, to be able to provide pricing and bid modelling support to the business; and produce and monitor forecasts.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic influence playing a big role in driving the business on to achieve its goals.
- Strong communicator and influencer at different levels in the business;
- Highly numerate with an attention to detail and able to convey complex problems in a way that people can understand and act upon.
- Commercially aware to be able to provide financial insight and challenge to business decisions;