External Communications Senior Executive - City Law Firm - Flexible Working Available - up to £45,000 + benefits
We are looking for an experienced External Communications Senior Executive to join a leading City Law firm as soon as possible.
The External Communications Senior Executive will be responsible for implementing Business Development and Marketing PR and Awards strategy across the practice areas and cross-firm groups. The focus of the role will be to build measurable PR and awards plans and processes for the firm and to implement them using spokespeople and external PR firms.
We're looking for someone with impeccable writing and proofreading skills, with the ability to adapt writing styles as needed, and demonstrable experience of writing content including articles and blogs.
Being highly organised with excellent attention to detail, you will be a stickler for accuracy and effective communication and a clear understanding of business development, marketing and PR, gained in a similar role would be highly advantageous.
Key responsibilities as the External Communications Senior Executive will include:
* Writing and producing content and repurposing content on technical topics
* Writing award entries and drafting proactive press releases
* Reviewing and optimising public facing content
* Identifying opportunities to raise the firm's profile
* Following key media topics to identify opportunities for reactive comment
* Coordinating inbound interview requests, working with external PR agencies as needed
* Building relationships with specific industry journalists and award bodies
* Creating an awards calendar and managing the submission process for all entries
* Managing a plan and calendar of proactive releases
* Producing reports
* Acting as a day-to-day point of contact with external PR agencies
* Plus more!
What we're looking for:
* Demonstrable experience in a senior external communications role, within a legal firm or professional services organisation
* Exceptional copywriting skills
* Clear understanding of business development, marketing and PR
* Strong communications skills with the ability to write in a professional and friendly tone
* Ability to adjust the tone and content of communications accordingly
* Impeccable organisation and attention to detail
* IT literate including MS Office
* Knowledge and understanding of GDPR and Data Protection compliance requirements
* Flexible and proactive team player
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines
* Solid education - Business, Communications or Marketing qualification is desirable
If this role is of interest to you and you have the right experience that we're looking for then please ensure your CV showcases your relevant skills and experience in the best light. Please submit quoting 'LO - External Communications Senior Executive