Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
We're looking for an experienced Team Leader to work in a supported living setting with people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and challenging behaviours.
We will be supporting a gentleman who is currently living in his own house in Buckingham. He has a learning disability with specific additional health needs and complex behaviours which can be a challenge to staff. This is an exciting opportunity to support him to achieve new things and make huge positive changes to his life.
You'll be responsible for leading a team of staff to support individuals with learning disabilities, complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours. For this role, you must have an awareness of risks associated with supporting individuals who may have histories of contact with the criminal justice system and challenging behaviours and managing these within a community setting using positive and proactive approaches. Experience working with this population is desirable.
* 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
* Make a genuine difference to someone's life
* Blue Light Card
* Pension scheme
* Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
* Fantastic training and development
* Paid for DBS
* Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
About The Role
* Work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that our staff are providing excellent support to the people that we work with
* Play a key role in day to day management of the location
* Provide support and supervision to the support staff
* Manage the rota and ensure that staff are fully trained
* Provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model
* Take part in an on-call rota to ensure that staff have access to support when it is needed
Shifts could include...
* Sleep ins
* Waking nights
* Bank holidays
What skills and experience do I need?
* Experience supporting adults with learning disabilities, complex needs and people with a forensic background
* Able to work flexibly across a rota
* Skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others
* People that share our values
* Excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills
* Excellent time management and organisation
* Full UK driving license and own car
* Have (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualifications & Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview