Role: Legal Aid Billing/CCMS AssistantGemini Recruitment
are currently partnering with specialist Law Costs Draftsmen company (Cost Law Services Ltd) who are seeking experienced Legal Aid Billing Coordinators/CCMS Assistant with extensive experience in drafting bills on Legal Aid and Private Client matters.Salary: On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and
real prospects for success and promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.Accountability within a remote working culture is the norm within this business. Costs background
Costs Law services have grown exponentially nationwide to form a team of over 30 Law Costs Draftsmen and Lawyers with immense experience in all aspects of costs law. Not only do they represent a leading legal aid practice on all their billing they are now focusing on growing their client base.
Their broad spectrum of billing across multiple areas of law is based on a sound knowledge of the costs system and the ability to manage client expectations to ensure their cash flow is maintained.
Their work involves preparing bills and costs budgets in Court of Protection, Children Law, Clinical Negligence, Commercial Litigation, Family, Housing & Property Litigation, Immigration, Judicial Review, and Personal Injury matters.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience of drafting legal aid controlled work and or civil bills. The company is looking for experienced candidates who will 'hit the ground running'.The RoleMain Duties and Responsibilities
Key Skills Required
- Report directly to manager/supervisor/director
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a proactive understanding of clients' needs
- Drafting Controlled work (Legal Help/Controlled legal Representation) fixed fee and exceptional bills
- Preparing and processing Claim 1's and Claim 1A's.
- Processing Claim 2's
- Ability to draft High Cost Case Plans an advantage.
- To complete post -assessment work
- To liaise and advise fee earners and support staff in relation to the variety of legal costs matters
- Corresponding with third parties - experts, counsel etc..
- Uploading claims to the Legal Aid Agency,
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with bill/case management system.
- Demonstrate passion and experience in Legal Aid Billing
- A strong academic background
- Legal experience as a Costs Draftsmen & or a Costs Lawyer
- Clear understanding and application of the Legal Aid Agency rules relating to costs
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years' experience in drafting legal aid bills
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Committed team player, self -motivated and professional
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.Rewards
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- Up to 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- ACL Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company's pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If you are keen to begin your career with a firm that's committed to training a new generation of Solicitors, apply now for one of our agents to contact you.