Job Type: Fixed term contract 6-12 months
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we're building
We now need a Financial Promotions Manager to support the change and transformation for the future growth of the Marketing function. We are building an integrated marketing team creating a single Canada Life brand and approach covering processes, technology and experience for all our customers and colleagues.
This role is required to own the ongoing, content review and approval process for all communications across Canada Life's UK and international business units; monitoring the health of the approval process through ensuring appropriate governance and documentation, regular reporting, testing, analysis and communication to internal stakeholders. In addition, the role has ownership of the compliance approval system which includes user training and query resolution, where required with the external third party supplier.
What you'll do
• Manage the ongoing content review and approval process for customer and intermediary communications working closely with colleagues in Marketing and across different business lines
• Analyse data on the performance of the processes and take appropriate action. This will include looking at measures that show where in the process the user experience can be improved or where the process is not being followed, as well as identifying and supporting the management of any risks and issues
• Maintain accessible and appropriate process documentation, which is user friendly and include risks and controls.
• Deliver new user training on the process and system, be seen as the business-wide contact for queries and support and manage all user profiles & access
• Liaise, where required, with the external third-party supplier on resolving queries
• Responsible for driving process improvement through coordination of seeking and analysing feedback from users and stakeholders; carrying out testing and robust change management activities. Take steps to check the health of the process and look to improve the experience, measure and validate against business requirements
• Provide data to the line manager on any user training needs, adherence issues that affect the quality of work for the user or when the team need to be told about a change to the process
• Create and maintain a dashboard for the Head of Marketing Operations and the Marketing Director. Use appropriate metrics within the dashboard to demonstrate how the process is performing in relation to the user experience and manage priorities.
Who you are
• Knowledge of, and experience of using compliance approval systems or similar workflow management systems
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
• Experience of working in a change environment
• "Can Do", proactive attitude and able to use initiative
• Excellent relationship management skills and strong stakeholder management
• Training experience - both systems and processes is desirable
• Intermediate knowledge and experience of MS Office particularly Excel
• Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
• Strong process documentation and report writing experience
• Experience of working in a Marketing team is desirable
• Background in financial services or regulated industry is desirable
• A-levels or equivalent
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences