AustralianSuper is the largest superannuation (pension) fund in Australia and one of the 25 largest pension funds globally. We invest the retirement savings of our 2.3 million members to help them achieve their best possible retirement outcome.
The Fund is experiencing significant growth and is expanding its investment capabilities in London and New York. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
- High performing & progressive team
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth plans, both locally and internationally
Your new team
To support the ongoing growth of the Fund, we established a permanent team in London. This enables the Fund to expand its global investment portfolio and build our international profile by having a permanent presence in Europe and hiring local specialists who will deepen our international relationships and support implementing local best practice based on local experience.
In a small scale office environment, you will be exposed to professionals across all of our Investment Asset classes, as well as other functions required to support them, giving you the chance to build broad relationships, gain a deeper understanding of how each of these areas operate and get involved in activities outside of your immediate role or team.
Our office is based at 2 Pancras Square in Kings Cross which is part of the Kings Cross redevelopment project, one of the core assets of our investment portfolio!
Your new role
In this role you will be working as part of the Portfolio Operations team, supporting both trade operations and investment data management. You would work closely with a small team focused in this area, but also work across other teams across funds, collaborating especially with the UK Deals and Execution team.
Typical duties include:
- Ensure executed trades are processed accurately, conducting post trade confirmations with counterparties and providing trade instructions to custodian.
- Working with security types including equity, fixed income, FX, ETDs and OTC Swaps
- Resolve trade confirmation and settlement issues effectively
- Work and engage with service providers, counterparties and internal stakeholders proactively
- Ensure broker/counterparty set up & maintenance is completed in the Portfolio Management System
- Keep up to date with lifecycle events of fixed income OTC and FX forward instruments
- Awareness of regulatory reporting and impact
- Validating Portfolio Management System on platforms, translating term sheets, loans, etc.
- Provide proactive problem-solving, and escalate queries where needed
- Daily database monitoring and control tasks, ensuring timely data delivery, and resolving data exceptions.
In addition to:
- Maintain strong relationships with software and data vendors, technology team, investment departments and custodians etc
- Deal with deadlines and timeframes for investment and platform activities.
- Development further knowledge of the Fund's Operational environment and keep up to date on industry markets.
What you'll get in return
Joining our team in London presents you with a unique opportunity to be a part of establishing the London operations. You will be responsible for helping to identify new opportunities for the Fund, while developing and embedding best practices that will enable continued growth and the success of the Fund outside of Australia. You will be relied upon to share your knowledge and experience that will enable us to continue to successfully grow the Fund and provide the best possible retirement outcomes for our members.
You will also have plenty of interaction with your colleagues in Australia, but this does at times mean you will need to be flexible in your working hours, as they do the same to be able to accommodate schedules and time differences. There may also be opportunities to travel to our international offices for learning and development purposes.
Furthermore, will you have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, insurances and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experiences either within an investment manager or similar, a pension fund or investment operations
- Interest and understanding of financial markets and instruments across asset classes mentioned.
- Buy Side trade operations exposure
- Knowledge of data management functions
- Exposure to similar software, like Aladdin, Bloomberg, and other trade confirmation platforms
- Strong and effective communication skills, with ability to adapt and deliver
- Good rapport building skills
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.